Punman Anira Korean Grammar – Grammar (으)ㄹ 뿐만 아니라 This time we will learn the grammar of Korean 뿐만 아니라 (Punman Anira). For starters, take a look at the following sentence:
“너는 예쁠 뿐만 아니라 마음도 착하다”
(You are not only beautiful, but also kind)
Have you ever heard a compliment like that? Such compliments are often received by women. To express such a compliment, you need to know the grammar of “(으)ㄹ 뿐만 아니라 (eul punman anira)”. For those of you who are not familiar with the meaning and usage of this grammar, let’s take a look at the following explanation.
Grammar of (으)ㄹ 뿐만 아니라 (eul punman anira)
The grammar “(으)ㄹ 뿐만 아니라 (eul punman anira)” means “not only, but also”. This grammar is usually used when you want to emphasize or add conditions to a subject. This grammar can be attached to nouns, adjectives and verbs.
Word Form Formulas :
1. Noun + 뿐만 아니라
점심 -> 점심뿐만 아니라 (not just lunch)
학생 -> 학생뿐만 아니라 (not only students)
2. Adjective, verb + (으)ㄹ 뿐만 아니라
예쁘다 -> 예쁠 뿐만 아니라 (not only beautiful)
맛있다 -> 맛있다을 뿐만 아니라 (not just tasty)
없다 -> 없을 뿐만 아니라 (not only don’t have)
1. 점심뿐만 아니라 아침도 못 먹어요. (Jeomsimppunman anira achimdo mot meogeoyo). Not only did I eat lunch, but I haven’t eaten in the morning either.
2. 방청소뿐만 아니라 옷장 청소도 했어요. (Bangcheongso-ppunman anira otjang cheongsodo haesseoyo). I not only cleaned the room, but also cleaned the closet.
3. 정은이는 마음이 고울 뿐만 아니라 얼굴도 예뻐요. (Jeong Eun-ineun maeumi go-ul ppunman anira eolguldo yeppeoyo). Jeong Eun not only has a kind heart, but she also has a beautiful face.
4. 그 식당은 음식이 맛을 뿐만 아니라 종업원도 친절해요. (Geu sikdangeun eumsiki masisseul ppunman anira jongeobwondo chinjeolhaeyo). The food at the restaurant was not only delicious, but the staff was also friendly.
So, if you want to emphasize two things on a topic, you need this “(으)ㄹ 뿐만 아니라 (eul punman anira)” grammar. After you understand the grammar of “(으)ㄹ 뿐만 아니라 (eul punman anira)”, you need to practice it to understand it better. You can comment with the Korean example sentences below.